happy new year!






Our last New Year's Eve in Utah was just perfect. We got all dressed up, had steak dinners at Texas Roadhouse with Bobby and Emily, and partied at Grandma Chuckie's all night. We always joke that New Year's Eve always seems a colossal disappointment, but this really was just so great. We played games that involved crazy full-body physical involvement, watched the ball drop, kissed at midnight, and then ran around with the kids making as much noise as we could. The canyon air was a-blowing, the little girls clashed pots and pans, Sam blared some old trumpet, and fireworks bloomed above the treetops. After about five minutes of ruckus, we quickly blew up Sam's stocking stuffer fireworks and then all ran into the house to get out of the biting cold. There's nothing like a wild rumpus to get the new year started right. We hope that you all had a wonderful weekend, and that you are just as excited about your 2012 adventures!

So, I've been thinking a lot about my new year's goals. We have a few necessary ones: becoming legitimate penny-pinchers (we've been spoiled by Provo). And, a few long-time coming: create a sleep schedule and keep with it (Sam and I are opposite sleepers, I am an early-bird and he is a night-owl). And, the usual: get in shape, cook healthy meals, get priorities straight. But, I've also been thinking about how I want to read more, write daily, and dance. I miss all of those things that I thought would be easier when I graduated, but discovered were so much easier when they were a part of my four-year plan. What are your new year's goals?

By the way, thank you so much for those who re-posted about Goldie. It means a lot to us. We are still looking for a home for Goldie, so please pass on the word to anyone you know may be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment