garden shower.

_MG_7846 _MG_7832 _MG_7874 _MG_7835 _MG_7937 _MG_7904 _MG_7879 _MG_7858 _MG_7859 _MG_7905 _MG_7900 _MG_7911 _MG_7909 _MG_7935 _MG_7939 _MG_7946 _MG_7916

My friend, Sara, and I threw a shower recently for this beautiful, amazing lady. Anna is expecting a boy in just a couple of weeks, which is a bit of a miracle. I am so happy for her. She was one of the first friends I made when we moved to Berkeley. She would go on walks with me when I was hugely pregnant. And for some reason, still came to keep me company with a screaming newborn in my lap. She is a kind and strong woman, in every sense of the words. That little boy is lucky to have this mama!

Anna is one of the healthiest people I know. She is not necessarily a vegetarian, but pretty much all of her diet consists of fresh produce. So, Sara and I had the idea to throw a garden-themed shower. We asked friends to bring fresh salads, and were blown away by the selection. Although, I shouldn't be surprised. The produce out here is pretty much amazing, and these woman know how to work magic with it. We had a variety of green and grain salads, fresh fruit, homemade sourdough bread, and a selection of cheeses. Christyn made a beautiful chocolate, "naked" cake, and Erika made the cutest chocolate mint pots. 

One of the other great things about living in Berkeley is that it's spring year-round. As in, perfect weather and perfect blooms all. year. round. Ok, ok I'll stop bragging. But, for real. I never spend money on florals here, because I can forage in empty lots and ditches on the side of the road. I mean, sure, one day it would be really nice to be able to afford any selection of florals I want. But, these aren't a bad alternative, right?

We wanted to have some way for Anna's friends to show support for her. So, Sara and I made these bracelets with stones that represent things like, "strength" or "heart." Each guest wrote a note attached to her bracelets, so that she could have a little extra strength with her over the next fee weeks.

Sara and I also put together some seed packets so guests could plant their own gardens at home. I've always wanted to do something similar to this seed reveal that Sam did at Rapt Studio a couple of years back. So, I painted this board I found with a floral "thank you" that would appear as guests left with their seed packets.

The shower had been moved at the last minute, because of the threat of rain. But, it ended up being a beautiful morning, and a really great location. I feel so grateful to have amazing and talented friends who love to create with me. And, even more grateful to have beautiful friends who have babies! 

Anna, you are positively glowing. We can't wait to see that little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment