eliza says, vol. 1

_MG_7731 _MG_7732 

I've found it really difficult lately to try and decide how I am going to record this girl's ever changing life. She is talking about a storm, and doing the funniest things. But, I just don't know how to write it down in a way that I will appreciate in the future. So, I started writing down some of the things that she says. This post was written a couple of months ago, so it's pretty outdated. I forgot to publish it for awhile because I couldn't decide if it was very interesting at all. But, I decided that it was important for me to remember these little words, so it was important enough to get down on "paper."

So, here is Miss Eliza, about a couple of months ago. She will not let me take her picture. Whenever I take out a camera, she screws up her face all funny and then whines at me to put it away. It used to make me mad. But, I guess this is a real life snapshot of this girl right now, right? I love her.

Eliza says (originally written in January):

"Da Mama" and "Da Papa" - She went through this phase where she added a "the" in front of our names, for some reason. I think it gave us some street creds. She also occasionally refers to Sam as "Sham," which Sam is is very quick to correct. (Although, I think it's hilarious.)

"Mama," "Papa" and "Eziza" (Eliza)- These are the most used words throughout her day. Sometimes, to get our attention, but mostly to make sure that things are in order. For example, if Sam is wearing glasses, then Mama needs to be wearing glasses, as well as "Eziza"- like, immediately. And, we can't continue our day until all three of us are wearing glasses. If we are sitting on the couch, all three of us needs to have a blanket. If we are eating an apple, all three of need an apple. And, once everything is in order- she gets this huge squishy, smile on her face and let's out this overjoyed sound of relief. Oh, and I think the cutest thing she has every uttered is her own name- "Eziza!"

"Nope" - Lately, she has replaced "No" with "Nope!" Which is really cute, especially when she is mad. Like, when we want her to eat something and she doesn't want to, she will angrily yell, "Nope! Nope!" Or, when I am smothering her with kisses and she is squirming to get away, she will yell "Nope, pees! Nope, peeees!" Which leads me to...

"Pees" (Please) - I have raised the most polite toddler ever. Not really. The word is usually used in a long string for the purpose of demanding. Like, if she wants some sort of food on the counter you will hear "Pees, pees, pees, pees, pees..." until you hand her what she wants. But, I guess there are worst words she could use!

"pick" (pink) - Eliza loves pink. Which is sort of funny, because she doesn't even own that many pink things.

"bow" "tights" "eckas" (necklace) "too too" (tutu) "shoos" (shoes), etc. - Eliza loves to dress up. So, I hear these words all day long. Lately, she loves getting ready when I do. She likes to pick out her own clothes, put them  on (what she can get on), and accessorize. She almost always wears a necklace and a bow, and carries a purse every where she goes.

"it" (eat) and tongue clicking - Even before she could talk, Eliza started clicking her tongue when she was hungry. I love it. Partly, because it was one of the first times when my baby was able to communicate something to me and I could fulfill her needs. But, partly because it's just so Eliza. I especially loves that she still does it, clicking her tongue between saying "It! It!"

"pitty" (pretty) - She loves to point out things that are pretty- people, flowers, dresses. I love this about her.

"oot" or"ook" (book) - We read so. many. books. She loves reading them to herself, and you can often find us curled up on a chair barreling through a stack of 20 books. She loves all kinds of books, but lately she's really in to the longer books with actual stories. I think it's great, obviously. But, there are some times when I skip pages because I'm tired and need a nap, too. (whoops)

"out" - This word has many uses. When she wants to go outside, when she wants out of her seat, when she wants off of something. The most pathetic one is when we attempt to force morning cuddles in bed, and she wraps her arms around our bodies and tries to roll us out of bed, yelling "out, out, ouuuuutttt!" She is also currently learning how to distinguish between up, down, out, off, etc.

"Ook" (Luke) "Mack" (Max) "Jay" "Sa- ee" (Sally) "Sage" "E-ika" (Erika) "Si" - These are some of Eliza's friends and teachers. She asks for them all day long. She has developed the sweetest friendships, and truly loves them so much. Luckily, we live in a place that has beautiful weather all year long, many parks and beaches, and plenty of young families. So, we see our friends almost every day of the week. We are lucky to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment