pop!

_MG_7644 _MG_7653 _MG_7677 _MG_7692 _MG_7657 _MG_7658 _MG_7650 _MG_7699 _MG_7688

This is CC, and she is ready to pop! Like, for real, she's due any day now. She is having a little girl, and I couldn't help but throw some balloons and confetti at this shower. I feel like babies are the perfect excuse to celebrate, eat a three-layered cake, and chat with friends.

I grabbed a handful of helium balloons, and had Sam paint some signs for me. I have been dying to string up this honeycomb garland, similar to one I saw on Oh Happy Day! awhile back. In fact, I originally bought these honeycomb balls to make this garland for Eliza's birthday party last year, but our park with the perfect garland-hanging-tree was commandeered by a large family with purple balloons and Princess Tiana decor. So, I was happy to be able to use them to really make this "Ready to Pop!" themed shower really....pop! (Eh? I'm so clever...)

My friend, Christyn, made the beautiful cake, and I stuck some mini balloons on top. Cami and Lori, organized all the food- including Izze pop, croissant sandwiches filled with poppyseed chicken salad, fruit, and a strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing. We put together a popcorn bar as a "Thank You" for all the guests.

CC had one request- that we give her plenty of advice. So, I put together an envelope wall, similar to this one that my friend had at her wedding, and let guests write down advice on notecards to pop in the envelopes. 

So, how many times can I use the word pop in one party? Never too many, if you ask me.

CC, you are going to be a great mama, and I'm so glad baby girl was able to hold out long enough for you to make it to your party! You deserve the best. We can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment