a double bridal shower.

IMG_6365

IMG_6373

IMG_6076

A couple of weeks ago, Miss Sara Beach threw the cutest double bridal shower at my house. It was one of the best showers I have been to, because I knew everyone there. The girls all looked so pretty in their party dresses.

Jeneca and Kristin are both in my (former) dance company, so we thought it would be fun to have a shower just for their dance friends. And, count on Tricia to bring the best shower games. (We won't even mention what she brought to my bachelorette party.) This first one involved a blindfold, a pair of panties, socks, handcuffs, rubber gloves, and a shower cap. Try and explain that one.

Everyone brought food, including the best sugar cookies made by Anne Marne in pink, yellow, and blue. I even baked a summer berry pie. Sara made all of these pretty paper flowers, and I could kick myself for not getting a good shot of them. I love getting all of these girls together. These are the girls that I have seen every day for the past five years and I already miss them. But, I'm not worried. When you dance with people, you really put yourself out there--it's a vulnerable place to be. But, because of that, you make the most amazing friendships. I feel like as long as we all put in a little effort we will always continue to come back together. I know that there will be many more opportunities to move and create with these girls again.

You threw a beautiful shower, Sara. I wish I could have been at your reception, Jeneca, but Sam and I were feeling pretty lousy this weekend. Kristin, I know yours will be beautiful.

Congratulations, I am so happy for you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment