rock canyon.

_MG_7591

_MG_7492

_MG_7499

_MG_7521

_MG_7551

_MG_7548

_MG_7561

_MG_7566

_MG_7483

_MG_7574

I'm sorry that we haven't been around much. It was a bit of a roller-coaster last week. So much so that Sam and I decided that we needed some away time to talk and think. And, we have a lot to think about. Isn't it crazy how easy it is to compartmentalize your life into a neat timeline? And yet, how difficult it is to make it actually happen? I always thought life would be cake once I finished my degree--not so, let me tell you. Sam and I are at a crossroads, and it's both exciting and terribly frustrating. I am such a "planner" and "do-er." But, I guess now is the time to let go a little, and see what life has in store for me. What a great adventure, eh?

So, Rock Canyon seemed to be the best place to get away. I love Utah. I promise you, I will be singing a different tune in just few months when I am barricaded in my house, too afraid to step outside for fear that my feet will fly out from underneath me. I really dislike Utah when the ice and snow arrive. But, I love Utah summers. Friday night Sam and I packed up the tent, and headed up to Rock Canyon for an overnighter. We live just 10 minutes from the canyon, so we can arrive at 11:00 at night, and leave at noon the next day with no worries. Camping is not a hassle when you live so close to all this beauty. We set up camp on the backside of Rock Canyon, below Provo Peak, right next to a stream. There's nothing like a campfire to calm you down, and make you realize how good life is. In the morning, we went exploring a little and played around with our new (old) tripod that we picked up at a thrift shop a few weeks ago. Then, Sam bounced the CRV over every bumpy road all the way down the mountain. I think that off-roading is Sam's form of therapy--he gets such a big grin on his face.

By the way, Sam is headed off to Zion with the boy scouts for the next few days. I could use a little company, give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment