copper ingot.

ingot.2

welcome1

welcome2

This post is a little late in coming, but I am so proud that I am going to share anyway.

A few weeks ago, Sam and I attended the AIGA 100 Show. Each AIGA chapter, or The Professional Association for Design, holds a 100 show every year to honor the top 100 design pieces. Sam has had a few of his designs featured in the Salt Lake City show over the past few years. We weren't necessarily planning on going, but we heard that at least one piece from Vivint had been accepted into the show (the Vivint stationary). So, we got all dressed up and headed up to SLC. I love going to these kinds of events because I get to see Sam in his element. I stand there and listen in amazement as I try to interpret a conversation about typefaces and serifs. It's also a great place for him to see old friends, and make new ones.

Each year, the top 10 pieces are awarded the "copper ingot." One second, Sam and I are sitting in the audience, and the next thing I know he is walking across the stage to receive his very own ingot for the Vivint Welcome Book. I was so proud of him. He even hopped back on the stage to receive another ingot for an APX/Vivint piece, done by some of the other designers. Vivint definitely got some buzz that night! I'm not sure I have ever seen him so happy. Sam grew up with five brothers who all play sports. Taking home that ingot was like taking home a championship trophy.

In case you didn't know, Sam is a part of the talented design team at Vivint, formerly known as APX Alarm. He gets to work with some of his best friends, at a company that really knows how to treat their employees well. I love that he is so happy there. This may be old news, but here is a good idea of the work that went into the recent re-brand. Can you spot Sam?

6 comments:

  1. the vivint re-brand looks fabulous! way to go sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sam. The child in the second picture down is my nephew. Isn't he divine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. And dad showed me the book that won the award, your husband is talented indeed. Maybe one day, if I can afford him, I will have him design for my own little business!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sam is so talented! CONGRATS! but I still think he should quit vivint and start a new career as a baby photographer...WAIT, even better idea. He can be the photographer for your dance studio!!!! Hippest dance portraits EVER!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Sam. It does look superb. Well done.

    ReplyDelete